Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Out of My Way

This morning, I took the longest way to work imaginable, and it came to 1,866 paces. That’s roughly 800 paces more than my “normal” route (see Feb. 23rd entry). About 40 of those steps were actually in the complete opposite direction from campus. That stretch felt weird, but it went quickly. The things I do for the sake of this blog! Sheesh!

Since I was counting steps I could hardly think of anything else. But I did notice two things that I might’ve missed if I’d been quickly driving instead of slowly walking by. Two of my across-the-street neighbors…maybe three…are needing their lawns mowed. All three houses are home to at least mildly elderly people. My goal this week is to stop by & ask at least one of them if I can help ‘em out with their yard. Maybe the deadlines I give myself here for all the world to see will spur me on to being a better neighbor. Ride Offers (to date): 4…Fellow Walker Sightings (to date): 12

Mark your calendars! National Walk to Work Day is the first Friday in April (April 2nd). Follow this link to learn more.

P.S. Picked up a 6” x 6” piece of peeled paint from garden area of the library. I do promise to explain some day why I bothered.

No comments:

Post a Comment